In true Wimbledon style I'm bringing out the strawberries and cream.
But it's no ordinary bowl of strawberries and cream, but a delightful, light, creamy cheesecake with a sweet strawberry coulis oozing over the top.
We're into the second week of Wimbledon now and the competition is heating up.
So it's perfect timing to bring out a stunning plate of Strawberries and Cream Cheesecake to wow the crowd.
Let the game begin...
For The Base
400g/14oz digestive biscuits
1. Blitz the digestive biscuits in a food processor until they resemble a fine crumb.
2. Melt the butter and then tip in the crushed digestives.
3. Mix together until the biscuit crumb is evenly coated.
4. Place the biscuit mixture into 10-12 ramekins or in a 23cm springform tin and push down firmly.
5. Pop in the fridge to firm up whist you make the creamy layer.
15 - 0
For The Creamy Layer
600g/21oz soft cheese
200g/8oz icing sugar
Seeds of 1 vanilla pod
400mls/13floz double cream, lightly whipped
1. Put the soft cheese, icing sugar and seeds of 1 vanilla pod into a bowl and mix the ingredients together.
2. Add in the lightly whipped cream and stir in.
3. Place the creamy mixture on top of the biscuit layer in your ramekins or 23 cm tin. Smooth down with the back of a spoon until you have a flat surface.
4. Pop back into the fridge to set.
30 - 0
100g/4oz caster sugar
1. Wash and chop the strawberries, taking off the green heads.
3. Boil gently until the sugar has dissolved.
4. Add in the fruit and stir for 2-3 minutes or until the fruit is soft.
5. Pop the fruity liquid into a blender and blitz until a fine sauce consistency.
40 - 0
The End Result
1. Take the cheesecake out of the fridge and remove from the springform tin and place onto serving plate. (Or pop the ramekins onto a serving plate).
2. Drizzle over the strawberry coulis and serve an ACE.
|Serve with some strawberries and a couple of tennis balls|
Game, Set and Match!
This calls for a celebration...