Sunday, 6 July 2014

Foraging For Furniture

My new hobby is antiques/furniture shopping.



So on our journey down to a family wedding we took the advantage of stopping off at Greens Home Interiors just off the A46!

The location doesn't sound too grand but whats inside is very special....


Two floors of unique home furnishings. It's full of 'one of a kind' items. 



The thing I love most about Greens is that the items are not all laid out for you to see. Oh no that would be boring! 



Everything is stacked high and low with little gems tucked away in between. 


This forces you to rummage and hunt through the maze of wardrobes and desks. Making it even more satisfying when you find something you love. It feels like you have dug up a treasure!




If you're looking for something special for your home, office or garden this is the place to come. 




It is filled with everything you could imagine. 






Even somethings that you never imagined.





This would keep the rain off! 

Some items that frankly give me the creeps!





And some that I instantly fall in love with.





A Hotel For Birds!



They have some interesting older pieces.








And a flourish of newer designs, including some shabby chic furniture.








There are some lovely messages scattered throughout the shop.



 




 


 


Oh and they even have a dinosaur.



I always leave Greens thanking myself for not driving a van. For if I did it would be stacked full of furniture every time I came here!

Next time your cruising down the A46 near Coventry pull in to Greens for a pit stop. It's a furniture forager's dream.

Brilliant blog posts on HonestMum.com


The Reading Residence


Post Comment Love

12 comments:

  1. Oh wow! It looks amazing in there!! I'll have to bookmark this so I can use it when we move house. I really loved the stack of suitcases and the massive trunk. What a lovely Alladin's Cave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth a trip! Good luck with the house move!

      Delete
  2. Wow, there are some real treasures there. would love a post box! #MBPW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how fun would it be to have a post box!

      Delete
  3. Incredible in there, I would love it-adore antique and vintage furniture, thanks for linking up to #brilliantblogposts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my new favourite past time! Could of spent hours in that shop!

      Delete
  4. I am always on the look for pieces of furniture and nice things to decorate my house. I love many vintage furniture I can see on your pictures.
    Very nice post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alida, there were lots more interesting things to see there I recommend a visit!

      Delete
  5. Good grief - what absolutely wonderful, fabulous stuff! I would love to go there especially if I had just won the lottery. Want want want :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooo yes it's the first place to go if you've won the lottery!

      Delete
  6. Oh no, I live near enough to Coventry to be able to visit, and you've so tempted me now! It looks amazing there! Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry :-) but you will love it there! Enjoy!

      Delete

Have you seen these yet?